Sunday 10 July 2011

David Smith

I’ve been married to Julia (ex-Evelina) for 50 years. This year,she is a top breeder of dogs and a Cruft’s Show judge.We have 3 children,none in the profession although one is a Medical Writer and one a Lawyer.We have 5 grandchildren aged 2 to 22 years.
After House jobs and GP Traineeship I went into Medical Administration ending as a Deputy MOH in LIncolnshire.
Deciding my talents were in clinical practice I joined Brian Batten in South Wiltshire where I practised for 35 years, semi-retiring at 65. I then worked part time in Private Practice plus work at the Regular Commissions Board at Westbury and in Fiji for a further 3 yrs.
We are currently living in Waterside, Cornwall but are soon moving to live in the coach house at our daughter’s estate in Surrey, where no doubt we shall be pretty useful baby, dog and horse-sitting. Julia is also planning their 75 acre garden, originally planned by Gertrude Jekyll.

No comments:

Post a Comment