Sunday 26 June 2011

Some News from the Blogmaster

I discovered Malcolm Forsythe lurking in my garden on Saturday afternoon, and found he had paid £5 for the privilege of visiting it, along with seven other gardens in Winchelsea, open for the National Gardens Scheme charities, and attracting about 1000 visitors. He has heard that Simon Brook is acutely ill in Addenbrooke's, and may not be able to get to our reunion. Let's all hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Terence English has published his autobiography, which I haven't seen yet, but am looking forward to reading. possibly as an e-book on the Kindle I have been promised for my forthcoming birthday.

I've been invited to do a year of Friday morning allergy clinics at Guy's, (maternity leave cover), starting in August, but have stipulated that I shall need to get away promptly on 9 September. I showed Malcolm the application form that Guy's sent me. The guidance notes, running to four A4 sides, gave a stern warning about the poor impression created by bad presentation, followed by a succession of howlers, including references to "short-listening" and the news that "the disclosure of a criminal record will not atomically debar you from appointment". (That would be the nuclear option I suppose).

I'm eating with Tony Bron tomorrow, Monday 27 June, at the RSM, so hope to persuade him to contribute to the blog.
LY

No comments:

Post a Comment