Thursday 8 September 2011

Kay Allsopp

A last-minute contribution, making a total of 37. Well done everybody. There have been over 2500 visits to the blog, the majority I suspect by me. LY

Dear Lawrence

Checking back on old messages to get the times etc for Friday, I realised I've failed to send a biog of any sort. I can only apologise

I suspect I'm far too late but in case not, here's the outline.

Married to (Dr, Bart's) Peter Ashby for nearly 48 years. Son 46,m, Director Eli Lily,was in USA, now back here , 3 kids. Daughter 43, m. lives in Wales, 2 kids. Works in Child Potection.

I did sessional work while my children were small, then worked for the MDU, latterly Deputy CE. President of the Medico-Legal Society.

After I retired, volunteered with RMBF (Chairman Cases Committee, on the Board etc). Also volunteered with the Gardeners' Royal Benevolent Fund, now called Perennial.

More recently have qualifications from City and Guilds in Stitched Textiles. Hard going, back to school for 4 years! Now one of the 09Group of Textile Arstists, exhibiting with the Group, and do a little teaching of Textile Art etc.

Can't think of anything else!

See you tomorrow...are you still 6 foot 8.......or perhaps you never were that tall, just seemed it! Kay Allsopp

No comments:

Post a Comment