Friday 19 August 2022

Anne Chamberlain Update of blog dated 1 August 2011: "What do I do now?"



Life is quieter now .I often walk in one of the largest and

most beautiful parks in England, Roundhay Park, at the end

of my road.

In terms of Medicine and specifically, the specialty of

Rehabilitation Medicine, I am a trustee of Global

Rehabilitation, a very small charity that links with colleagues

whom we have taught, in Madagascar. We are expecting to

do more on- line teaching soon and visit the country in

2023.However, my clinical experience ended in 2007 so I will

not go.

I remain a trustee of the William Merritt Disabled Living

Centre in Leeds which gives professional advice to disabled

and older people and those who care for them, mainly on

equipment, which can be viewed, and on driving with a

disability.

Within the University dept., I still supervise a very small

number of clinical students doing an Intercalated Degree in

International Health .This is highly enjoyable.

I was president and am now a member of the Leeds Medico-

Chirurgical Society .These societies served as a meeting point

for GPs and consultants before the NHS .Few survive.

I enjoy ceramic and art exhibitions, and the cinema but am

not as sociable as before the pandemic.

No comments:

Post a Comment